THE ORIGINAL HARDWAX-OIL
Osmo OTC (Ozone Transport Commission) Compliant Polyx-Oil is VOC safe & can be shipped anywhere in the USA without restrictions. It has a higher solid content than standard Polyx Oil and is a general purpose Hardwax-Oil wood finish that is derived from natural vegetable oils and waxes and meets all air quality regulations across the USA. Resistant to water, dirt, beer, wine, cola and saliva, Osmo Polyx-Oil is micro-porous and molecularly bonds with the wood, meaning it does not crack, flake, peel or blister.
Our new advanced formula of Polyx-Oil has been specially engineered in Germany to be the first Hardwax-Oil available on the North American market that can be easily applied with a brush or roller, with no buffing necessary! Can be spot-repaired and/or restored/renewed with no sanding required, therefore wood never needs complete sanding and refinishing again.
- Compliant with OTC
- Easy to apply – used by both professionals and homeowners
- Extremely durable and hard wearing
- Can be spot-repaired and refreshed with no sanding required
- Micro-porous finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Very water and dirt resistant as well as juice, tea, cola, wine, beer, coffee.
- Enhances the wood’s natural character
- Saliva-resistant and sweat-proof, suitable for children’s toys
- Made in Germany – Conforms to strict German and European norms
- See how Osmo compares to other finishes here.
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood.
- Some woods are highly porous and require an especially thin application, as a result the drying time can be increased.
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying color for the first coat, before applying Polyx®-Oil as the top coat.
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- For exotic hardwood species use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discoloration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discoloration or staining.
- Always trial apply!