Get Inspired by these +50 beautiful sliding barn door ideas!
Why sliding barn doors?
More than just a space saver, sliding barn doors have become an iconic decoration piece by itself. Sliding barn doors are available in a vast selection of wood species and finishes and in a wide range of styles, which makes them a perfect element for wall space, no matter what interior design style you are aiming at. Ideal for small or large, indoors or outdoors projects, these doors add a unique touch to your home decor composition.
Pro tip: when paired with the correct hardware, your sliding door can become a stunning decoration arrangement.
Check out this fantastic interior and exterior sliding door selection!
1. Modern Mosaic Sliding door
2. Farmhouse bedroom with double simple interior sliding barn doors
3. Blue outdoors with horseshoe hardware
4. Rustic farmhouse style sliding barn door
5. Rustic distressed mosaic sliding barn door
6. White narrow sliding barn door on a white room
7. Mixed material rustic sliding barn door
8. Natural woodcut rustic barn door
9. Divide your space and hide your TV
10. Outside door for a garden space
What is a sliding barn door?
Sliding barn doors are a type of door that opens by sliding horizontally on a track fixed into the wall. Different from swinging doors that open and close by swinging to a single direction, sliding barn doors open and close by sliding to the sides parallel to the wall. Sliding barn doors have become a popular door style due to its elegance and practicality.
11. Sliding single large door
12. Sliding door matching with swinging doors
13. Large door for a spacious room
14. Yellow color pop
15. Delicate arrangement
16. Simple Outdoors sliding barn door
17. Light Blue with black handles
18. large and white with glass panels for natural light
19. Double entrances minimalist modern doors
20. Double with all-white decoration
Sliding barn doors are easy to operate!
Because the sliding door track system works, the door opens and closes seamlessly with just a little or no effort. Quality hardware makes a huge difference in how your door operates, so make sure to do your research when shopping for your sliding door.
21. Neon Pop
22. Large carved with red details
23. Large carved with black details
24. Rustic barn style
25. Small see through
26. Double large with large dark bronze handles
27. Modern farmhouse with black hardware and pull handle
28. wood-based decoration
29. modern outside
30. Rustic modern with no handles
Make your own/ DIY sliding barn door!
Pretty much any door has the potential do become a sliding barn door. With the right tools and a little bit of time and patience, anybody can make a barn door! If you are scared of starting this journey from scratch, there many DIY Barn Door Kits and DIY barn door hardware available in the market. With DIY barn door kits, the crafter basically assembles your door with all the correct measurements and parts and then ship the pieces to you with a step-by-step-manual.
30. Minimalist gray door for a white space
31. Wood inspired decor with black accents
32. Classic red and white barn door inside
33. Modern elegant with floor guide and silver hardware
34. Raw feeling light wood
35. Barn inspired kids room with horseshoe hardware
36. Dark closet door
37. Metal on a brick wall
38. Rustic blue for office space
39. Luxurious white with dark accent door
40. A large single door in an office space
Easy to install!
Sliding doors are super easy to install. Once you have all the correct measurements for your living space project, we can break the process in simple steps:
- Make marks on the wall where the track should go
- Attach the bar door track to the wall (If you do not want to add the door directly to the wall, you should use one track support header)
- Attach the hardware to the door
- Lift the door and attach it on top of the track
Voilà! You are ready to go!
This process can change slightly depending on your door style and hardware choice.
41. Laundry room
42. Space saver with door sliding on the wall
43. Narrow spa style with craved decoration
44. Kitchen cabinet sliding door
45. Dark wood elegant
46. The door as a critical decoration piece
47. Games Room
49. Yellow on kids room
50. Modern chic
51. Light scheme
We hope you enjoyed this post!