Please note: Osmo UV Protective Finish cannot be shipped to the greater Los Angeles area in any size due to restrictions. The 2.5L size cannot be shipped to the following States: CA, MN, WI, IL, MI, OH, PA, NY, VT, NH, ME, UT, AZ.
CLEAR PROTECTION FOR VERTICAL SURFACES
Osmo UV-Protection Oil Extra is a satin-matte, natural oil based and micro-porous finish, does not crack, flake, peel or blister. It is water and dirt resistant, moisture regulating and reduces wood swelling and shrinkage. The natural oils enhance the natural character and tone of the wood.
The UV Protection Finish specifically works well with exterior vertical surfaces such as doors, window frames, etc.
- Clear Natural Oil-based finish with 12x UV-Protection
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- 410 Clear is safe for humans, plants and animals once dry
- 420, 425, 428 & 429 contains biocides to prevent the growth of algae, mildew and fungal attack
- Microporos, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister
- No sanding necessary for future applications
- Made in Germany – Conforms to strict German and European norms
- For ingredient-rich wood species (such as Cedar, Iroko, Teak, Mahogany etc.) - please allow minimum 12 weeks exposure in situ to the outside elements prior to application.
- UV-Protection Oils are recommended only for vertically structured timber (drip angle min. 10º) to enable the rain to drip off rather than stay on the wood's surface for prolonged lengths of time.
- Over application and/or low ventilation can increase the drying times.
- The high-energy UV rays of the sun destroy the lignin in wood: it greys. Up to now, only wood finishes with color pigments could possibly prevent this effect. With Osmo UV-Protection Oil, you have the possibility to protect your wood almost invisibly. UV-Protection Oil contains special ingredients that stall the greying effect by 12 times (UV factor 12). For a reliable UV protection, the wood finish must be applied more generously than other wood stains from Osmo.
- Recommended application amount is approx. 55 ml/m².
- So that no micro-organisms, like mold, algae or moss, can stick to a wood finish and cause unsightly discolorations, biocidal active ingredients for a superficial film protection can be added. Biocidal ingredients are fine-tuned exactly so that a harmful effect for people can be largely eliminated.
- Oak contains a high acid content within its natural tannins and as a result causes the timber to blacken during exposure to cold and moist environments - especially during the winter periods. More frequent care and maintenance is required, particularly in its first couple of years of exposure to the elements, to maintain its decorative appearance.
- Many wood species contain water-soluble colored extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.