Carriage Doors: Where It All Started
Before we were a door and hardware company, we were a carriage door company first. The business started as a passion project for our founder, Don Rees. As a custom home builder, he would often get frustrated with the quality of doors on the market, including garage doors. A roll-up garage door on a beautiful custom home ruined the effect he and his clients were after. So he started to make custom carriage doors for each of the homes he built.
Once he started posting photos of his carriage doors online, Don was getting requests from all over the country for carriage doors. For a while he ignored them--he still wanted to concentrate on building custom homes. But eventually he realized that there was an unmet need for custom carriage doors, built the right way with real materials. He answered the call to build custom carriage doors full-time twenty years ago, in 2003, and Real Carriage Doors was born.
In the years that followed, Don and other expert artisans have crafted carriage doors for thousands of homeowners across the country. Carriage doors were a core focus for the custom, bespoke division of the brand. We didn't offer them online because of all the doors we make, they have the potential to be the most complicated--and the most customized.
Now we can offer you the same craftsmanship, premium materials, and elegant design as our custom carriage doors-but online, direct to you. It's never been easier to create the carriage doors of your dreams. Our capsule collection of the first four designs is available to shop today.
What Sets Our Outswing Carriage Doors Apart
- Expert Craftsmanship: The dedication and mastery of our craftsmen and craftswomen is the heart and soul of RealCraft.
- The Widest Variety of Premium Solid Wood Choices: No other door company offers so many wood species options for carriage doors you can order directly online.
- Multiple Customization Options: From glass styles to finish colors and hinge types, you have so many ways to make these doors your own.
- Optional Carriage Door Automation: Make your carriage door system truly effortless with one of our automated door openers.
- User-Friendly Online Shopping: We make it easy for you to explore different product options and buy doors direct from our website--no phone calls or email chains necessary. But if you do have questions, our expert sales consultants are on hand.
- Free Shipping in the contiguous US: Enough said!
- 50 New Trees Planted Per Order: We partner with Verdn and Eden Reforestation Projects to plant new trees in areas around the world affected by deforestation.
Modern, elegant, and luxe: that's the Bellevue. These outswing carriage doors feature nine glass lights per door leaf in a solid wood frame. We envisioned this design for garages with cars so beautiful you don't want to hide them, or for studios or workshops that could use natural light. These carriage doors are inspired by the glamorous enclave of Bellevue just across Lake Washington from Seattle.
A touch of rustic charm makes the Arlington carriage doors a must-have. Six glass lights at the top of the door are joined with a flat panel on the bottom with a diagonal brace. Inspired by the lush farmland of Snohomish County.
Stately and traditional, the Marblemount Carriage Doors are our simplest carriage door design. Two flat panels framed in rail-and-stile joinery create optimal protection for your car. This design is named after the charming mountain town of Marblemount, nestled in the foothills of the mighty North Cascade Range.
The Whidbey design features six glass lights and three flat panels for a nod to the Craftsman look. It's named after beautiful, peaceful Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound and is based on one of our most popular custom design templates. The Whidbey carriage door set is timeless, proportional, and looks good almost anywhere.